On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think you understand what I understand. Of course the
> limitation of the 1p view excludes information relative to a 3p view,
> but the reverse is true as well. Indeterminism emerges as a third
> person phenomenon in that subjective privacy cannot be experienced
> through it. Determinism emerges as both a first and third person
> phenomenon in the form of sense. Motive or will (or 'energy' in third
> person') emerges as an orthogonal category relative to determinism;
> self-determination, which is the impulse and capacity to make the
> indetermined determined. 'I am become will, the collapser of wave
> functions.'

You haven't understood a basic point, which is important independently
of the current discussion. This point is that if we live in a
perfectly deterministic multiverse, our subjective experience will be
probabilistic. This is because it is impossible for a being embedded
in the multiverse to know in which branch he will end up. The
impossibility is logical, not merely empirical.

--
Stathis Papaioannou