On 5/29/2012 11:04 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 5/29/2012 11:52 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 5/29/2012 8:11 PM, Aleksandr Lokshin wrote:
The original poster introduces what free will means.
1) Every choice which is allowed in physics is a random choice or a determinate
one.
2) If human free will choice exists, it is agreed that it is not determined by some law and is not a random process. 3)We have agfeed that the choice of "an arbitrary element" is not a random chaice and is not a choice determinate by some law.

We haven't even agreed that it is a choice. It's just using a function, as in (. is an element of X) so (x is an element of X)->true and (y is an element of X)->false. (all x |x an element of X) doesn't involve choosing an element x, just specifying a function that defines X. Then it is a "choice determinate by some law." And whether X is infinite or finite is a red herring. Suppose I said,"Consider an arbitrary person with no feet. Then he has no toenails." This is a perfectly valid inference whether there are finitely many or infinitely many persons in the multiverse.

Brent

Brent,

You are assuming that there is no difference between an known and an unknown quantity. A big mistake!

Can you quote where I have made this assumption?