Le 9 juin 2012 20:22, "Evgenii Rudnyi" <use...@rudnyi.ru> a écrit :

> On 09.06.2012 20:00 Quentin Anciaux said the following:
>
>> 2012/6/9 Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>

>>> Said that, I still see a computer in front of me (or a

>>> This I do not quite understand. What does it mean simulated levels
>>> in simulation? After all my computer is simulated and I is
>>> simulated. Then what is difference between my computer that is
>>> simulated and myself that is simulated? Where the difference comes
>>> from?
>>

>> You were talking about a 'you' being simulated inside a simulated
>> computer (so that you is one level down from a simulated you in front
>> of that simulated computer).
>>
>> So you have:
>>
>> "real" computer running a simulation.
>>
>> In that simulation a universal computer is "built" and on it (the
>> simulated computer) a simulated being (part of the simulation at the
>> level where the computer has been built) run another simulation, what
>> is running on the simulated computer cannot affect the simulated
>> being (which is in front of it, if the computer is a real simulation
>> of a computer) but can affect simulated being running on the
>> simulated world of that simulated computer.
>

> No, I have meant
>
> a) simulated computer
>
> b) simulated myself (but not in a)
>
> Now I consider a) and b). This is after all some instructions executed by
some Turing machine. It seems that there is no difference. How would you
define the difference then in this case?

If you are running at the same level (inside the same simulation, meaning
what is simulating the computer is also simulating you and the world you
share) then you're able to affect the computer.

Quentin