2012/6/9 Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>

> 2012/6/9 Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru>
>
>> On 09.06.2012 18:07 Quentin Anciaux said the following:

>>  Said that, I still see a computer in front of me (or a

>>> ?? No it will make your simulated self in the simulated computer
>>> wet... but your simulated self in front of a simulated computer
>>> simulating you in front of a typhoon will not... same thing you (the
>>> 1st level simulated you) are *not* at the same level (as the
>>> simulated simulated you).
>>>

>> This I do not quite understand. What does it mean simulated levels in
>> simulation? After all my computer is simulated and I is simulated. Then
>> what is difference between my computer that is simulated and myself that is
>> simulated? Where the difference comes from?
>

> You were talking about a 'you' being simulated inside a simulated computer
> (so that you is one level down from a simulated you in front of that
> simulated computer).
>
> So you have:
>
> "real" computer running a simulation.
>
> In that simulation a universal computer is "built" and on it (the
> simulated computer) a simulated being (part of the simulation at the level
> where the computer has been built) run another simulation, what is running
> on the simulated computer cannot affect the simulated being (which is in
> front of it, if the computer is a real simulation of a computer) but can
> affect simulated being running on the simulated world of that simulated
> computer.
>
> Quentin

Of course if you take our current hardware and your simulation cannot pause
or cope with a shorting of memory space of the hardware, eventually a
simulation deep down will be able to crash everything (up to your level, if
itself cannot cope with that), but that's an implementation problem not an
in principle problem.

Quentin