On 6/16/2012 10:49 AM, John Clark wrote:

    > and these events almost always contributed to the realization of express
plans

If the plans were announced before the event and it always happened then you would have a very hard time convincing anyone that the event really was "physically uncaused", few get that lucky so its statistically much more likely the plans caused the event.

That was Bruno's point that he would sooner suppose that we had just not looked closely enough, or at a low enough level, to detect the physical chain of causation. I don' believe in this spirit theory anyway; I was just trying to show it was a testable theory. Of course if you take Bruno's view then you risk making materialism an untestable theory, since no matter what result you can say,"Well it must be due to a deeper physical phenomenon."

Brent

And if not and you really were astronomically lucky it would still remain true that even God does things for a reason or He does not.

 John K Clark