On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> > We can perhaps agree that consciousness-here-and-now is the only truth
> we know which seems undoubtable, so it might be more easy to explain the
> illusion of matter to consciousness than the illusion of consciousness to a
> piece of matter.

If consciousness is more fundamental than matter then it's difficult to
explain why it's easy to find examples of matter without consciousness but
nobody has yet found a single example of consciousness without matter. Yeah
yeah I know, it's all just a illusion, but why only that illusion? Why is
the "illusion" always that matter effects consciousness and consciousness
effects matter if one is more fundamental than the other?

>> I don't see why it *MUST* be due to a deeper physical phenomenon; nearly
>> every physicists alive says some things have no cause
>>

> > You might provide references.

Why? I think it would have been pompous and downright condescending to do
so, you will certainly have no trouble finding such references without my
help. But if I had said "many physicist think it is a logical necessity
that every event must have a cause" then THAT would indeed need