On 6/4/2012 7:29 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Jun 4, 10:14 pm, Stathis Papaioannou<stath...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Craig Weinberg<whatsons...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:57 pm, Stathis Papaioannou<stath...@gmail.com>  wrote:
If you want to think that, fine. If it upsets you, I'm sorry. If it
upsets you and therefore you conclude that it's not true, then your
thinking is fallacious.
There's nothing upsetting about it, I just don't understand how we can
talk about deciding that we are powerless to make decisions. I'm
trying to figure out how that makes sense to anyone.
If it doesn't make sense to you then you can append "pseudo-" whenever
you talk about deciding something or having free will. We make
pseudo-decisions and have pseudo-free will. People who make bad
pseudo-decisions get into trouble; I did it against my pseudo-will
because he held a gun to my head; and so on.
If it's causally efficacious (gets real people into real trouble) the
it can't be pseudo.

Then call it autonomy.