On Mon, Jun 4, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand how we can change the judicial system if we don't have
> free will. All we can do is exist and watch to see whether we end up being
> compelled to change it or not by forces outside of our control.

And so it goes, one group screams cries and jumps up and down insisting
that we do have free will and another group is just as insistent that we do
not. But neither group can stop yelling for one second to ask what "free
will"  is supposed to mean. I humbly suggest that we first decide what
"free will" is, and only then would it be fruitful to debate the question
of whether people have this interesting property or not; until then it's
just a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

  John K Clark