On Mon, Jun 25, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> The question is do you agree with it, or not. So that we can move to step
> 4.

I've lost track, is step 3 the trivial observation that sometimes we don't
know what we're going to do, or was that step 2?

> You ignore that we can test inequalities, even without probability. I do
> produce the description of the devices so that we can test the hypotheses.

Then tell me of an experiment  that a scientist can perform in a lab where
if X>Y then your theory is wrong but if Y> X then your theory is probably
right, where X and Y are objectively measurable quantities of some sort;
just tell me what X and Y are.

> but this does not mean that we cannot attach one mind to two different
> machines,

Yes provided the machines were identical, or at least functionally
identical.

> or to two identical (similar at the subst. level) machine put in
> different environment,

If they were in different environments then the machines would not be
identical or even functionally identical and their associated minds would
be different because they would have different memories.

  John K Clark