On 06 Jul 2012, at 19:31, John Clark wrote:

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote

> This is a rephrasing which does not suppress in any way the fact that in Helsinki I am uncertain about the experience I will feel next.

But that is ALWAYS true regardless of whether identity splitting or duplicating chambers enter the picture; it's true because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and the unpredictable nature of your external environment, and even without that fact and even if the world was as deterministic as Newton thought it was it would remain true that you don't know what the results of a calculation will be until you finish the calculation.

The new result is that

A -> Indeterminism

And you tell me that it is not interesting because

B -> Indeterminism

and that

C -> indeterminism.

That is hardly a critic. It would be if I was using B and C, but the whole point is in the fact tha I do not assume B nor C (in that derivation).

Bruno

> If you have a better theory, you might mention it.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

  John K Clark