The question of self. Dennet is here expanded through the use of Leibniz's
monads
as Kant's categories with self as a supercategory logically including all of
Kant's
categories.

Dennet has painted himself into a corner by following the materialistic view of
mind.

The agent or self is a function of mind (Leibniz's dominant monad), not a
material thing.

Leibniz and Kant combine through kant's categorial structure of mind shown
below.

I, II, III and IV are all monads.

The self  or agent is not shown directly in Kant's categories. I will call it V.
V contains the other four categories as subsets. V is the self or dominant
monad.
It is the active observer and agent.

                              V Observing self or acting agent (contains Kant's
functional categories below as logical
                                        subcategories)

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/11/2012