On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hi Stathis Papaioannou
>
> I don't think so, because the robot rat seems to keep running into things.
> A real rat would skidaddle out of there.

This experiment is not quite what you think.  It used only 60,000 rat
neurons (equivalent to the brain of a fruit fly), whereas a whole rat brain
has 1,000,000.  Also, it interacts with the chip through a small number of
electrodes (I think as few as 60, but it could be more).

That it runs into things could also be a consequence of limited sensory
data and/or poor motor control.

Jason