On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Evgenii Rudnyi
>
> This is not going to make you computer folks happy, sorry.
>
> Life is whatever can experience its surroundings,
> nonlife cannot do so.  That's the difference.
>
> Intelligence requires the ability to experience what it is selecting.
> So only life can have intelligence.
>
> Life is subjective, nonlife is objective.
>
> Computers cannot experience anything because they are not subjective,
> only objective. Everytthing must be in words, not directly experienced.
> Thus computers cannot be (truly) intelligent. And AI is impossible,
> because only living items can experience the world..

I could say that computers can experience their surroundings, and
therefore they can have subjectivity, and intelligence, and by your
definition even life. Or, the computer could say that you can't
experience your surroundings, and therefore you can't be intelligent
or by your definition alive.

--
Stathis Papaioannou