On 8/29/2012 5:18 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 8/29/2012 2:17 AM, meekerdb wrote:
On 8/28/2012 11:08 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
Hi Brent,

Until there is a precise explanation of what this phrase "generation by the UD" might mean, we have just a repeated meaningless combinations of letters appearing on our computer monitors.

Seems pretty precise to me. The UD executes all possible computations, one step at a time. If 'you' are a computation, then it must eventually generate you.

Hi Brent,

Yes it will "eventually" generate me, but with a measure zero chance. The UD seems to be ergodic on the Integers.

Not zero, only zero in the limit of completing the infinite computations. So at any stage short the infinite completion the probability of "you" is very small, but non-zero. But we already knew that.