On 9/14/2012 6:14 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi John Clark
Right. The problem with the Chinese Room argument
is that there is no way to generate a reasonable answer.
Hi Roger,

The Chinese room argument is flawed becuase it does not consider the distinction of levels of meaningfulness.

9/14/2012
so that everything could function."

    *From:* John Clark <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-09-13, 15:58:20
    *Subject:* Re: imaginary numbers in comp

    On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Craig Weinberg
    <whatsons...@gmail.com <mailto:whatsons...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        > This is the symbol grounding problem pointed out by Searle's
        Chinese Room

    I've said it before I'll say it again,? Searle's Chinese Room is
    the single stupidest thought experiment ever devised by the mind
    of man. Of course even the best of us can have a brain fart from
    time to time, but Searle baked this turd pie decades ago and
    apparently he still thinks its quite clever, and thus I can only
    conclude that John Searle is as dumb as his room.?

    ? John K Clark

    Groups "Everything List" group.

Onward!

Stephen