From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-13, 15:58:20
Subject: Re: imaginary numbers in comp

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the symbol grounding problem pointed out by Searle's Chinese Room

I've said it before I'll say it again,? Searle's Chinese Room is the single
stupidest thought experiment ever devised by the mind of man. Of course even
the best of us can have a brain fart from time to time, but Searle baked this
turd pie decades ago and apparently he still thinks its quite clever, and thus
I can only conclude that John Searle is as dumb as his room.?

? John K Clark