Those who have faith in the possibility of brain
transplants might consider this:

You cannot separate the self (your ID) from the body.

Your skin, the envelope of your body and self,
is part of you, meaning your self.  Why ?
If somebody pricks you with a pin, it causes a body reaction.
Yoga also uses this wholistic bodymind approach,
relaxing muscles relaxwes the mind. Pretty obvious.

The sense of touch is our most intimate sense,
and that's part of the skin. Intimate to the self.

But free will arguments typically leave out the body
as a determinant. So, including body in the definition
of the self, I prefer to use the term "self-determination",
meaning that our will and thought and desifre
is affected by everything within our skin.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
10/1/2012