Enough

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:37:33 PM UTC-4, yanniru wrote:
>>
>> The why is that your conception of space is unscientific.
>> You sound like a New Ager.
>
>
> Why do you think that my conception of space is unscientific? Saying I sound
> like a New Ager makes you sound unscientific.
>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:46:17 PM UTC-4, yanniru wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I disagree with everything you suggest.
>> >
>> >
>> > You are welcome to disagree, but without knowing why, I can only assume
>> > that
>> > you don't really have an argument against my view. The bottom line is
>> > that
>> > without some theory which gets us from matter to *us right here* it
>> > really
>> > is more of in interesting curiosity. It may turn out to be incredibly
>> > useful/important/profitable from an engineering and technology
>> > standpoint,
>> > but it really doesn't answer the timeless questions of who we are and
>> > what
>> > awareness is. My model does that.
>> >
>> > Craig
>> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:52:30 PM UTC-4, yanniru wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Craig,
>> >> >> Neurons are made in accordance with physical laws.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> You are confusing string theory with comp which apparently makes
>> >> >> everything.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> String theory monads are made in the big bang by having the excess
>> >> >> dimensions of the space of string theory curl up into 1000 planck
>> >> >> diameter particles that precipitate out of 3-D space. In fact
>> >> >> they're
>> >> >> curling up is what allows 3-D space to inflate. As space is still
>> >> >> expanding, monads are apparently still being made.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> The monads exist in what would be commonly called a supernatural
>> >> >> realm.
>> >> >> They solve the hard problems of consciousness. Neurons do not. That
>> >> >> is
>> >> >> why they are needed. But the fact is that according to string
>> >> >> theory,
>> >> >> they (the monads) exist.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> You can quibble with string theory if you like. In my models that
>> >> >> extend string theory to consciousness, string theory is assumed to
>> >> >> be
>> >> >> correct, even if my modelling is incorrect.
>> >> >> All I claim is that my model is one possibility among many that
>> >> >> probably can never be proven.
>> >> >> Richard
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > All that I suggest is that string theory and especially string monads
>> >> > only
>> >> > really address the hard problem if they are understood as figurative
>> >> > strings
>> >> > rather than literal structures. The dimensions would have to be
>> >> > qualitative
>> >> > experiential dimensions (like emotion, meaning, etc.) rather than
>> >> > literally
>> >> > 'different kinds of space'.
>> >> >
>> >> > In my view the whole notion of space as a plenum is a non-starter.
>> >> > You
>> >> > can
>> >> > look at it that way and perhaps it will work eventually, but it is
>> >> > the
>> >> > loooong way around - like trying to guess what song is playing by
>> >> > analyzing
>> >> > a database of the expressions on the faces of people listening to
>> >> > that
>> >> > song.
>> >> >
>> >> > I say that space is a dimensionless void between phenomena which do
>> >> > have
>> >> > qualities that can be expressed as partly quantifiable with
>> >> > dimension.
>> >> > We
>> >> > are in the big bang, as we always have been, only it is banging
>> >> > within,
>> >> > diffracting itself in many different ways, both figuratively and
>> >> > literally
>> >> > at the same time.
>> >> >
>> >> > Craig
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> > Groups
>> >> > "Everything List" group.
>> >> > To view this discussion on the web visit
>> >> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/JrTIYscXvbwJ.
>> >> > To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> > everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> > For more options, visit this group at
>> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups
>> > "Everything List" group.
>> > To view this discussion on the web visit
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/Q8vH2J5UkF0J.
>> > To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/pnqsF8NLu_8J.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to