From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-16, 11:37:13
Subject: Re: Emergence of Properties

On 11/16/2012 8:48 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

But how could one know if the others are telling the truth ?

    Umm, I only assume the barest appearance of interactions. All of this is
fully consistent with Leibniz' monadology. Monads have no windows and do not
exchange substances. All interactions are only mutual synchronizations of their
percepts.

The surest test could only be a Turing Test.

    I am not sure how that is related...

Plus I have another difficulty with solipsim. If perception
must proceed existence, then one could never be stabbed
in the back.

    Existence must be primitive ontologically, or else how are properties to be
extracted from it by perception? There are no knives (or spoons), only
phenomena of mutual agreements.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
11/16/2012