Hi Stephen P. King

How is the agreement of many minds known if they are all solipsists ?

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
11/16/2012

From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-15, 16:46:15
Subject: Re: Emergence of Properties

On 11/15/2012 11:27 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

But many minds are in agreement that God exists, so that must be true ?

Hi Roger,

    In my proposed definitions, "must" only follows if and only if there is no
accessible possible world where a contraindication of the agreement occurs. Put
more simply, a statement is true iff there is no knowable contradiction of the
statement. The possible existence of an unknowable contradiction to the truth
of a statement acts to support the idea of fallibility.

And must unicorns exist because I believe that they do ?

    The existence or non-existence is not contingent on anything, especially
the belief of one person. Your question should be phrased as: "Must unicorns be
a physical creature because of my belief in such?" The answer might be "yes" is
there is some means by which your belief has the causal power to generate a
physical being.

--
Onward!

Stephen