On 11/15/2012 11:27 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
But many minds are in agreement that God exists, so that must be true ?

Hi Roger,

In my proposed definitions, "must" only follows if and only if there is no accessible possible world where a contraindication of the agreement occurs. Put more simply, a statement is true iff there is no knowable contradiction of the statement. The possible existence of an unknowable contradiction to the truth of a statement acts to support the idea of fallibility.

And must unicorns exist because I believe that they do ?

The existence or non-existence is not contingent on anything, especially the belief of one person. Your question should be phrased as: "Must unicorns be a physical creature because of my belief in such?" The answer might be "yes" is there is some means by which your belief has the causal power to generate a physical being.

--
Onward!

Stephen