On 30 Nov 2012, at 16:50, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Friday, November 30, 2012 10:32:35 AM UTC-5, yanniru wrote:
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Richard,
>

> On 28 Nov 2012, at 12:18, Richard Ruquist wrote:
>
>> Bruno,
>> Does any or all forms of energy come from arithmetic?
>

> Yes. All forms (in the sense of stable appearances) have to come from
> arithmetic if comp is true and my reasoning correct.
>
> Bruno

Since energy is what makes things happen
then comp makes everything happen in Everett's universe.
Richard

If comp made things happen then we could simulate petroleum production in a program and solve the world's energy problem. Instead, we find that in all real implementations of computing, comp invariably consumes net energy. Why would that be? Does comp allow anti-comp?

Well, not really. But comp allows the consistency of non comp (but consistency is very cheap, so this does not say too much).

Maybe we could run our computers backwards and get some kilowatt hours back.

Lol

Of course (of course ?), to go backward needs reversibility, and reversibility needs no loss of energy. It is ironical.