On 12/15/2012 2:46 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:29:50 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    On 12/15/2012 1:51 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
    > How about this:
    > Liberals are utopians, conservatives are skeptical of them.

    Dear Roger,

    No, All that is different between them is where their respective
    utopias
    lie. Liberals yearn for a future utopia on Earth, conservatives pine
    over their utopia in the past.

I would agree with that, but the thing is, the former may or may not be possible but the latter is certainly impossible. What is there better to do than to try to push civilization in the direction of a future utopia? What could be more destructive and foolish than to try to undo what has happened and put future back in a box?

Craig

Hi Craig,

How about we drop the entire idea of utopias and work together to solve the problems that we have with the tools that we know work (as they have worked before in similar situations). "Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes" or some such...

--
Onward!

Stephen