On 12/15/2012 6:05 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/15/2012 7:09 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Craig Weinberg
Conservatives indeed generally resist most
(but not all) change because the changes
are emotionally based rather than logically based,
and so often do more harm than good.
And waste money.

You mean like abolishing slavery, universal education, giving women the vote, putting up lightning rods, vaccination,... all those 'emotionally based' changes that conservatives opposed in the name of God, the bible, and the divine right of kings?
Hey Brent!

OK, we now have good enough reasons to "reeducate them people". Are you trying to be a guard at that camp that I might possibly need to bribe? I grew up as a son of "Bible Thumpers". I have a small measure of knowledge of what the world looks like through those eyes. Your white wash is a bit too broadly brushed!

We will have to wait to see if I am right or not,
but all of the indications suggest that Obamacare
will be at least a financial catastrophe.

It may well be, since conservatives prevented European style national health care, which costs only half as much per capita.

Where is that shown to be true? Take a look at the chat at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_(PPP)_per_capita

You will see the US at the top of the chart of PPP. (the purchasing power parity (PPP) per capita). OK, now compare a normal measure of the life expectancy of those countries. You will see something interesting. Those countries that spend a lot PPP-wise tend to correlate to having capitalisitc econimic systems and those that tend to the low end of the PPP ranking tend to have non-capitalistic or anti-capitalistic economies. Why is that?

The Dems had to compromise by mandating private insurance in order to get the insurance company lobbyist on their side.

The Democrates held the House, Senate and Presidency from 2008-2010. What prevented them from passing laws that prevented lobbyist pressure in those 2 years??? I guess it wasn't so important... Outlaw lobbying while you can if you are going to complain about it! I got no dog in that hunt. I am interested in all facts, not rationalizations that are based of cherry-picked particular facts and outright neglect or ignorance of others.

--
Onward!

Stephen