From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-16, 00:58:00
Subject: Re: Wisdom from Calvin Cooldge

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:52:53 AM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
On 12/15/2012 5:51 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> Why do they always seem to stagnate into polarization?

       Because people stop talking to each other honestly and frankly.

> Is that what typically happens?

       Yes, so long as one side or both accept that the people that do
not agree with them are "wrong" or "evil" or _insert your favorite
derogatory adjective here_ and cannot be reasoned with and must be
"dealt with".

What can be said about people in power who oppose compromise with the other
side? Can we say that it is the uncompromising obstructionists who are causing
problems and replace them with people who will not necessarily vote with their
party?

Craig

--
Onward!