On Monday, December 17, 2012 2:40:26 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> On 12/17/2012 1:33 PM, meekerdb wrote:
> > My complaint is that conservatives just lie, and assume we're all as
> > gullible as Rush Limbaugh's audience.
> >
> > When g=1 all the wealth is owned by one person.
> > When g=0 every person has the same wealth.
> >
> > Which is why it is a problem that it keeps increasing in the U.S. But
> > the gini is usually calculated for income, not wealth, because wealth
> > is much harder to assess.  The after-tax gini on income in the U.S.
> > (not wealth) has gone from 0.316 in the 70's to 0.378 in 2000. For
> > comparison Belgium's gini is 0.259. Check this to see which country
> > you'd rather live in:
> >
> > Brent
> Hey Bret,
>
>      In a mass grave, the gini is exactly 0. You are missing the point
> completely.

Now that I know that Conservatism is based on preserving the value of fear,
it makes sense that the arguments tend to jump unexplainably from "hey, why
is that one guy hogging all of the money?" to "The only alternative is
'everyone will die'. If we weren't afraid of dying in mass graves, what
would be a more sensible way of governing a prosperous state?

Craig