On 12/18/2012 10:16 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Leibniz simply assumed that the PEH existed.
My followup was that at least for large groups
of particles, not of small groups or 1,
thermodynamincs is the PEH.
Dear Roger,

    I am OK with the idea that thermodynamics is the PEH, sure!

In a way this makes sense, since God seems to
act only on groups (such as killing all besides
noah and his family in the Flood). And He lets
the rain fall on the unjust as well as the just.

Jesus acts on individuals, who must be judged
individually.

I see this as a shift from total global measures to local relative measures, where the latter looks at "individuals" defined in terms of equivalence classes, or Brunoesque 'substitution levels".

Quantum computing or logic possibly (???)
could achieve the individual motions.

Yes. I would go further and claim that computing *is* the action (of motion of any kind). "Quantum" and "classical" are types of logic of the computations, in the former no copying is allowed and in the latter copying is demanded.

--
Onward!

Stephen