On 16 Dec 2012, at 19:35, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 12/16/2012 5:15 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

[BM] Everett already show that such relative probabilities does not depend on the choice of the basis, nor on my "place" in the multiverse.

[SPK] I strongly disagree with this statement! Everett showed the exact opposite; that relative probabilities completely depend of the choice of basis and framing.

Prove? This is contrary to what Everett said, and I have try to contradict him on this, eventually he is right. Deustch tought like you but has eventually change its mind. There are no prefer basis, and with the CTM there are not even a prefer ontological theory.

Dear Bruno,

Is it possible to define a "relative probability" in the case where it is not possible to count or otherwise partition the members of the ensemble?

Yes. "relative probability" is not necessarily a constructive notion.

Not that I know of! If you know how, please explain this to me!

Normally if you follow the UDA you might understand intuitively why the realtive probability are a priori not constructive. So you can't use them in practice, but you still can use them to derive physics, notably because the case "P = 1" can be handled at the proposition level through the logic of self-references (Bp & Dt, p sigma_1).