On Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:58:32 PM UTC-5, telmo_menezes wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I tend to agree with what you say (or what I understand of it). Despite my
> belief that it is possible to extract memories (or their 3p shadows) from a
> brain,

As long as you have another brain to experience the extracted memories in
1p, then I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a 3p transmission of some
experiential content from one brain to another.

> I do not believe in the neuroscience hypothesis that consciousness emerges
> from brain activity. I'm not sure I believe that there is a degree of
> consciousness in everything, but it sounds more plausible than the
> emergence from complexity idea.
>
> Still I feel that you avoid some questions. Maybe it's just my lack of
> understanding of what you're saying. For example: what is the primary
> "stuff" in your theory? In the same sense that for materialists it's
> subatomic particles and for comp it's N, +, *. What's yours?

For me the primary stuff is sensory-motor presence. Particles are public
sense representations. N, +, * are private sense representations. Particles
represent the experience of sensory-motor obstruction as topological
bodies. Integers and arithmetic operators represent the sensory-motor
relations of public objects as private logical figures.

Craig