Physics and Metaphysics.

John Polkinghorne and his book ‘ Quantum theory’.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Polkinghorne
=== .

John Polkinghorne took epigraph for  his book ‘ Quantum theory’
the Feynman’s thought : ‘ I think I can safely say that
nobody understands quantum mechanics. ‘
Why?
Because, he wrote:
‘ ,we do not understand the theory as fully as we should.
We shall see in what follows that important interpretative
issues remain unresolved. They will demand for their
eventual settlement not only physical insight but also
metaphysical decision ’.
/ preface/
‘ Serious interpretative problems remain unresolved,
and these are the subject of continuing dispute’
/ page 40/
‘ If the study of quantum physics teaches one anything,
it is that the world is full of surprises’
/ page 87 /
‘ Metaphysical criteria that the scientific community take
very seriously in assessing the weight to put on a theory
include: . . . .’
/ page 88 /
‘Quantum theory is certainly strange and surprising, . . .’
/ page92 /
‘ Wave / particle duality is a highly surprising and
instructive phenomenon, . .’
/ page 92 /
==.
In my opinion John Polkinghorne was right writing
what to understand and to solve the problems of the Universe:
‘ They will demand for their eventual settlement not only
physical insight but also metaphysical decision ’.
/ preface /
And, maybe, Aristotle was right separating the world and knowledge
on two parts: Physics and Metaphysics.
=== .
Somebody wrote:
The science will purify the religion of the “dross”.
I agree.