'that there is something fundamental that has particular properties is unscientific dogma'.

Then everything is unscientific. because no human knowledge can be expressed without unproven premises at the bottom.

Dogmas are not axioms neither premises, neither assumption, but the latter tend to become dogmas. This has been a constant in history no matter where it is applied.

Dear Alberto,

I argue that we can test the results of these dogmas, axioms and other assumed-to-be-true concepts by their logical consequences in models of the theories that can be formed from them. We just have to give up the idea that we can have absolute and infallible knowledge and accept partial and approximate notions of truth. We can see in the history of mathematics and science how is is the weakening of absolutist assumptions that has lead us to better knowledge of the world, so why do we keep kicking against the pricks?

--
Onward!

Stephen