Yep.
May be because as I say from time to time, we can not live without dogmas
or else there would be no human collaboration, so no human society could
exist whatsoever. The mind was made for that purpose,. Then innately, its
notion of truth is not neutral, it is linked to values. We can not avoid
that.  That´s why assumptions or premises, slowly become dogmas.

There are funny examples. Democracy for example, can not be just a
convenient (or the most convenient) way of organizing a society. Once
formulated, and specially among the people that do not accept other dogmas,
Inmediately the democatic principle becomes a dogma an a source of wishdom.
so the democratic decissions can not go wrong. Many people says: The people
can not go wrong!!

economy and simplicity homogeneity principle

2013/1/16 Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>

>  On 1/15/2013 9:13 AM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>
>   'that there is something fundamental that has particular properties is
> unscientific dogma'.
>
>  Then everything is unscientific. because no human knowledge can be
> expressed without unproven premises at the bottom.
>
>  Dogmas are not axioms neither premises, neither assumption, but the
> latter tend to become dogmas. This has been a constant in history no matter
> where it is applied.
>

> Dear Alberto,
>
>     I argue that we can test the results of these dogmas, axioms and other
> assumed-to-be-true concepts by their logical consequences in models of the
> theories that can be formed from them. We just have to give up the idea
> that we can have absolute and infallible knowledge and accept partial and
> approximate notions of truth. We can see in the history of mathematics and
> science how is is the weakening of absolutist assumptions that has lead us
> to better knowledge of the world, so why do we keep kicking against the
> pricks?
>

>   2013/1/15 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
>
>> 'that there is something fundamental that has particular properties is
>> unscientific dogma'.
>

> --
> Onward!
>
> Stephen