On 17 Jan 2013, at 16:16, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

The self-reference to phenomenol perception shows up
in the monad for an object, which is always from that
monad's pov.

OK.
In the sense that I can interpret this in purely arithmetical terms.

The convolution operator is just a conjecture, since it
appears in systems theory and signal processing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolution

"In mathematics and, in particular, functional analysis, convolution is a mathematical operation on two functions f and g, producing a third function that is typically viewed as a modified version of one of the original functions, giving the area overlap between the two functions as a function of the amount that one of the original functions is translated. Convolution is similar to cross-correlation. It has applications that include probability, statistics, c omputer vision, image and signal processing, electrical engineering, and differential equations. "

Hmm... OK. I was hoping about a more precise link between your monads, and convolution. I do think that Fourier transform, wavelets, convolution play some role in perception, perhaps in consciousness. They do play a role in the apparent matter (position and impulsion are basically Fourier transforms of each other, as all complementary observable).