On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2013, at 17:30, Richard Ruquist wrote:

>>> You are right.
>>> But UDA shows that if comp is correct, and QM is correct, then the second
>>> has to be a mathematical consequence of the first.
>>

>> Agreed, just as I put it above.
>>>

>>> So, let us derive the physics from comp,
>>

>> I do believe that is primarily your concern.
>

> Well it is the concern of anyone wanting to get a TOE which includes a
> solution/explanation of the mind-body riddle.

I am too old to learn modal logic. So I will accept the results of arithmetics
in a systems analysis that includes as modules:
1. the CTM for a compactified-substance subspace that derives the MWI
Quantum Mind as well as
2. the physical world: Matter and Energy (that was created along with
Space and the Compact Manifold CM Subspace). According to string
theory the particles of fermionic matter are connected to membranes of
the Quantum Mind by strings, a theory verified by LHC measurements of
the viscosity of BEC quark/gluon plasma

Pratt and BEC duality connect the Physical to the Mind as well as strings.

>>> and then we can compare with nature.
>>

>> which I claim is best represented by quantum string theory
>

> I am open to that hypothesis, but to get both the qualia and the quanta, we
> must derive them from numbers and their self-referential abilities.
> Again, that is the result of the UD Argument.

Agreed- both quantum mind and its qualia come from arithmetics

>>> If nature refutes comp, then we have learned something, but up to
>>> now, thanks to QM, the two physics fits well.
>>

>> Can you provide a reference for that claim? Is it your work?
>

> Yes, it is the second part. I divide my work in two parts: UDA and AUDA,
> i.e. UDA = Universal Dovetailer Argument (or Universal Dovetailer Paradox,
> as I call it before defending this as a PhD thesis), and AUDA = Arithmetical
> UDA, it is the translation of the argument in arithmetic (or in any Turing
> Universal machine's language), and the answer of the machine (but also to
> its "guardian angel": the machine is mute on this, unless she too assume
> comp, and some amount of self-consistency (but not much so as to avoid the
> consequence of Gödel's second theorem).
>
> Bruno

I do not yet appreciate the intricacies of self-referential CTM or Godel.
How is your work different from Godel's, to ask a naive question?
Richard