On 27 Jan 2013, at 18:27, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 1/27/2013 7:19 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
The big bang remains awkward with computationalism. It suggest a long and deep computations is going through our state, but comp suggest that the big bang is not the beginning.

Dear Bruno,

I think that comp plus some finite limit on resources = Big Bang per observer.

The problem is that with comp, by the first person indeterminacy, physics comes from the statistics on all computations, and below the substitution levels, we have an a priori unbounded amount of information, a bit like the infinities in the quantum field theories.

If the string theorists can get support for the explanation of the big bang in term of branes collision, it might be a confirmation of comp.

Comp predicts an infinite past. But that infinity can play before the big bang, but also, perhaps, after, like if time was infinitely condensed in the first instant "after" the big-bang. The brane collision seems to me to fit better. Well, the comp physics is still in its embryonic state, so it is premature to really handle those questions.