On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> whether an mp3 is supposed to be music or graphics.

>> a music file then it will have a nervous breakdown and crash. You can prove
>> this by lying to the computer and deliberately misleading it, just rename
>> the picture file picture.gif to picture.mp3 and see what happens. If looks
>> like a picture file to the computer but you're telling it that it's a music
>> file, the contradictory information will totally confuse the poor machine
>> and it will die.
>>

> >There's no contradiction in information that relates to the difference
> between audio and visual experience.

I never said there was such a contradiction. What I said was that when a
computer is operating correctly it can most certainly tell the difference
between a audio and a video file, when the computer makes a mistake in this
determination, if you were to deliberately mislead it for example, the
machine will simply stop operating and produce nothing, and nothing is
certainly different from something, something like music or a picture. So
"a computer can tell whether an mp3 is supposed to be music or graphics".

  John K Clark