On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
> > How could a pseudo-religion, fake by definition, be superior to
>> anything?
>>

> Well, I'd rather be a fake moron that a real moron, wouldn't you?
>
> > And why should a religion be illogical?
>>

> Because if it deals with big issues as religion does and it is not
> illogical then the word for that is not "religion" but "science".

Religion is a set of beliefs which cannot be proved.  Science is a means by
which one might arrive on such a set of beliefs.  Life requires making
decisions but as science never provides 100% certainty on any idea, science
can never tell us what course of action is correct.  For that we must fall
back to our beliefs and hope our decision was right.

Jason