On Fri, May 10, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> How could a pseudo-religion, fake by definition, be superior to anything?

Well, I'd rather be a fake moron that a real moron, wouldn't you?

> And why should a religion be illogical?

Because if it deals with big issues as religion does and it is not
illogical then the word for that is not "religion" but "science".

> there are no evidence that some events lack of explanation,

Not true, as I've said before most numbers have no explanation, they cannot
be described in terms of something else. Some of the real numbers like PI
or e or the square root of 2 do have a explanation, that is there is a way
to generate them to any desired level of precision, but they are the very
rare exceptions; Turing proved in 1935 that the vast majority of the real
numbers have no explanation. There is no explanation for the non
computational numbers, they just are.

> so let us not bet on genuine randomness in nature prematurely.

I don't think you could call it prematurely, it took nearly a century for
most physicists to be dragged into the realm of randomness and they kicked
and screamed every each of the way, but nature didn't care and felt no
obligation to conform to human wishes or intuition.

  John K Clark