From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Jul 13, 2013 12:51 pm
Subject: Re: Re: the love torture

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Religion is about sacrifices.

I know, religion is big on sacrifices, especially Christianity, and that's the
problem. It seems to me that a good rule of thumb is be suspicious of any
religion who's most sacred symbol is a torture device. I suppose if Jesus had
been executed in more recent times people would be wearing little gold electric
chairs on chains around their neck.

> the sacrifice of Christ free us from our own sacrifices.

So God was so mad at the entire human race (because one of its members ate an
apple when told not to) that he was prepared to torture every single one of
them for an infinite number of years (but he loves you). And the only way to
prevent this is for God to forgive humanity, but even though God can do
anything the only way He could make Himself forgive humanity is for humanity to
torture His son (who is really Himself) to death.

The one and only reason that millions of adult and otherwise sane human beings
believe the above load of crap is because mommy and daddy told them that from
before they were properly potty trained. And that is why the devote are so keen
on early religious training for children, it is the only way to get over the
giggle factor.

  John K Clark