This is a false problem perhaps and I wonder why people don't get bored
with it. Science cannot rid itself of faith (whatever scientist's goal or
question, however temporary), just as religion cannot rid itself of
critical questions (accounting for inconsistencies, weaknesses, falsehoods
in scripture, problem of evil etc.); strip away all this cultural +
historical luggage, with all its different flavors and categories... and
peoples' needs, idiocies and hopes are relatively similar.

The militant idiots on both sides tend more to be the problem. The ones
that keep insisting in absolute truth, monopoly on the facts without
interpretation, total consistency, or whatever other fetish measure makes
their day. PGC