On Wed, Aug 21, 2013  Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  We haven't proved our brain is computational in nature,

There are only 3 possibilities:

 1) Our brains work by cause and effect processes; if so then the same
thing can be done on a computer.

 2) Our brains do NOT work by cause and effect processes; if so then they
are random and the same thing can be done on a $20 hardware random number
generator.

3) Sometimes our brains work by cause and effect processes and sometimes
they don't; if so then  they can be done on a computer and a a $20 hardware
random number generator.

> >  Maybe our brain has some non computational shortcut

Then there are 2 possibilities:

1) There is a reason the shortcut works; if so then a computer can use the
algorithm too.

2) There was NO reason the shortcut worked; if so then it was just a lucky
guess and is unlikely to be repeated by either you or the computer.

  John K Clark