On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> 2013/11/1 Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > OK. I should have said "suggests intuitively: or "intuitively suggests"
>> > rather than merely "suggests that the universe is finite". However, your
>> > insult of categorizing me with roger and stephen lin is unmerited.
>>
>> And now you propagate the violence to people who have nothing to do
>> with this discussion. As much as I typically disagree with what Roger
>> says (and don't understand what Stephan Lin says), I don't like this
>> sort of reference. This is just good old-fashioned bullying.
>
>
> It's also true, but these people did everything to deserve that sort of
> "bullying", nobody forced these two individuals to spam the list.

I would be ok with banning them for spamming, but I don't think that
anyone deserves bullying.

> Quentin
>>
>>
>> >
>> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >> OK... but then you shouldn't have use that as an argument... I respect
>> >> intuition, I don't respect using that as an argument.
>> >>
>> >> Quentin
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> 2013/11/1 Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>
>> >>>
>> >>> Intuition
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Le 1 nov. 2013 00:39, "Richard Ruquist" <yann...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>> >>>> >
>> >>>> > John, you are not the first that Quentin has categorized as a roger
>> >>>> > or
>> >>>> > stephen lin. Richard
>> >>>>
>> >>>> What does suggest that the universe is finite in the fact that we've
>> >>>> found a fully formed galaxy 700 millions years after the big bang?
>> >>>> Quentin
>> >>>> >
>> >>>> > On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Quentin Anciaux
>> >>>> > <allco...@gmail.com>
>> >>>> > wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> 2013/10/31 John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Quentin Anciaux
>> >>>> >>> <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>>> >> As I said before there is a profound difference between the
>> >>>> >>>>> >> two. After Everett's thought experiment is over only ONE
>> >>>> >>>>> >> person is seen by a
>> >>>> >>>>> >> third party so it's easy to determine who "you" is and easy
>> >>>> >>>>> >> to determine if
>> >>>> >>>>> >> predictions about what "you" will see were right or wrong,
>> >>>> >>>>> >> but with Bruno's
>> >>>> >>>>> >> thought experiment TWO people can be clearly seen that have
>> >>>> >>>>> >> a equal right to
>> >>>> >>>>> >> the title "you" which means that the predictions about what
>> >>>> >>>>> >> "you" will see
>> >>>> >>>>> >> are useless. And another difference is that Everett was
>> >>>> >>>>> >> talking about
>> >>>> >>>>> >> prediction and probability, and neither has anything to do
>> >>>> >>>>> >> with identity or
>> >>>> >>>>> >> a sense of self. [...]  In Everett's case we know who "you"
>> >>>> >>>>> >> is, it's the
>> >>>> >>>>> >> only fellow we see. In Bruno's case right now we see 2
>> >>>> >>>>> >> people clear as a
>> >>>> >>>>> >> bell and both are called "you" and both saw different
>> >>>> >>>>> >> things, and that makes
>> >>>> >>>>> >> meaningless the question asked yesterday "what is the
>> >>>> >>>>> >> probability "you" will
>> >>>> >>>>> >> see X?".  [...]  The diary is useless because the diary was
>> >>>> >>>>> >> written by "you"
>> >>>> >>>>> >> and contains predictions about the further adventures of
>> >>>> >>>>> >> "you", but now
>> >>>> >>>>> >> there are 2 (or more) people with the title "you" and no way
>> >>>> >>>>> >> to determine
>> >>>> >>>>> >> which one the diary was referring to.  And the diary is
>> >>>> >>>>> >> useless because good
>> >>>> >>>>> >> predictions have no more to do with identity or a sense of
>> >>>> >>>>> >> self than bad
>> >>>> >>>>> >> predictions.
>> >>>> >>>>
>> >>>> >>>>
>> >>>> >>>> > So are you at last ready to reject MWI...? if you don't, you
>> >>>> >>>> > are
>> >>>> >>>> > not consistent
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> The following is a flow diagram of the conversation we've been
>> >>>> >>> having on this thread:
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> No you got it wrong, see previous message for the real steps...
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> Anyway, if 've waited too much to put you in the boitakon, meet
>> >>>> >> roger
>> >>>> >> and stephen li... you'll never acknowledge you're wrong, because
>> >>>> >> you're just
>> >>>> >> a troll.
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> Quentin
>> >>>>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> Step 1: Quentin Anciaux states that John Clark treats Everett's
>> >>>> >>> ideas and Bruno's ideas inconsistently.
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> Step 2: John Clark points out the ways Everett's ideas about
>> >>>> >>> probability and prediction and Bruno's ideas about the nature of
>> >>>> >>> self are
>> >>>> >>> fundamentally different.
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> Step 3: Quentin Anciaux neither agrees nor disagrees with John
>> >>>> >>> Clark's points.
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> Step 4: Quentin Anciaux inserts one or more personal insults
>> >>>> >>> directed at John Clark.
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> Step 5: GOTO step 1.
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>    John k Clark
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>>
>> >>>> >>> --
>> >>>> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >>>> >>> Google
>> >>>> >>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>> >>>> >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> >>>> >>> send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> >>> To post to this group, send email to
>> >>>> >>> everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> >>> Visit this group at
>> >>>> >>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >>>> >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> --
>> >>>> >> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> >>
>> >>>> >> --
>> >>>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >>>> >> Groups "Everything List" group.
>> >>>> >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> >>>> >> send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> >> To post to this group, send email to
>> >>>> >> everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> >> Visit this group at
>> >>>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >>>> >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >>>> >
>> >>>> >
>> >>>> > --
>> >>>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >>>> > Groups "Everything List" group.
>> >>>> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> >>>> > send
>> >>>> > an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >>>> > everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >>>> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> --
>> >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>> >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> >>>> send
>> >>>> an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> To post to this group, send email to
>> >>>> everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>> --
>> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >>> Groups
>> >>> "Everything List" group.
>> >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>> >>> an
>> >>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> Groups
>> >> "Everything List" group.
>> >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>> >> an
>> >> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> >> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups
>> > "Everything List" group.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>> > an
>> > email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to