On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> >> Everybody has an opinion but nobody knows the true cost of CO2
> emissions, and nobody will know for decades and perhaps centuries.
>
>  > That's ignoring the science that says it's going to be pretty high if
> we continue to increase it.

You've got to give it a number and a number we can have confidence in;
"pretty high" is useless because the cost of giving up fossil fuels before
a replacement is found to the quality of life of 7 billion people on this
planet will be "pretty high" too. And remember, it's much more expensive to
spend a dollar now than spend a dollar in 50 years, so I believe that right
now the best course of action regarding CO2 is to delay action. Our
grandparents didn't make huge sacrifices to their lifestyle to solve some
vague very long range problem that might not even turn out to be important
so lets do the same. I say let your grandchildren solve their own damn
problems just as we did, and besides, they will have much better tools to
fix things if they need fixing than we do.

   John K Clark