2013/11/28 Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>

> Bruno wrote: 'I was of course alluding to the greek (neo)platonists. They
> did invented the God used by both the abramanic cultures (even if terribly
> deformed, notably by the abandon of science about it, and the use of
> authoritative arguments, by Christians, Muslims, and perhaps by the Jewish
> (with Maimonides, to some extent).
>
> It is not because we have found strong evidence that the Earth is NOT
> flat, that Earth has disappeared.  We just correct our theory of Earth. Why
> couldn't we do that with the notion of God?'
> ------------
>
> The God of Abrahamic faiths is the Deity. We believe that He is the only
> God from time immemorial. All prophets preceding Abraham also spoke of the
> same God. Unfortunately, over ages most belief systems degenerate into a
> pantheon of gods 'in the image of humans'.
> The God I believe in is the majestic, indescribable, unimaginable,
> majestic Creator and Sustainer of everything.
> Unfortunately, instead of focussing on and understanding God's message of
> love and justice, people misunderstand the warnings of not qualifying for
> Heaven and blame / reject a God who warns of Hell as the consequence of
> injustice.
> Rejecting God won't make any difference to God or His plan. We need Him
> and His guidance,

I don't... that doesn't mean I'm immoral and deserve Hell... if there was
an all loving god, it wouldn't allow for hell and evil... this problem as a
name "the problem of evil" and it has no satisfying answer if such god
truly exist. Anyway, I absolutely don't need any faith in any sort of
personified god to live.

Quentin