On 11/27/2013 7:03 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 26 Nov 2013, at 18:56, John Clark wrote:

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:

    > Atheism is also the belief in NO afterlife,

Those are 2 separate ideas and there is no reason they must be linked. There could be a God and no afterlife or a afterlife and no God; or neither could exist or both could.

If you are able to conceive a god without afterlife, it means you can conceive a non Christian God, which is nice, but contradicts the main atheist statements you already did in preceding conversations.

How does being able to conceive a non-Christian God contradict being an atheist?? I can conceive many different gods that I don't believe in.

We might try to decide on a definition of "atheism", as that notion is very unclear, and I have rarely obtain a definition on which atheists agreed.

It's as clear as the negation of 'theist'.

I use "God" in the greek sense of Truth (the one that we can search about us, or hope or fear, in life and afterlife, whatever it is).

Except nobody here is speaking Greek. And the Greeks had plenty of gods that had nothing to do with truth; in fact they were given to deception.