On 08 Dec 2013, at 21:34, John Mikes wrote:

Bruno wrote Dec.06 to John Clark:
What about comp-immortality? have you an argument which makes you sure that your consciousness is not related to your computations in arithmetic? That would be a case you seem to know better than us.

Excuse me....what kind of 'argument' do you require to 'prove' the nonexistence of something that does not exist? Do you intend me to prove the nonexistence of a version of something I deny at all?
 John M

Hi John,

I am not sure I understand. You ask me the question I was implicitly asking to John C., it seems to me. I am not proving the non existence of something (comp-I), but its existence (in the comp theory).

Bruno

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 06 Dec 2013, at 21:31, John Clark wrote:

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well John not you nor I are believers in QI but there seem to be plenty on this list.

I neither believe nor disbelieve in quantum immortality, I am not ashamed to admit that there are some things I just don't know. And that makes me much wiser than some on this list, at least I know I don't know shit.

What about comp-immortality? have you an argument which makes you sure that your consciousness is not related to your computations in arithmetic? That would be a case you seem to know better than us.

(I know you stop at the step 3, but I still don't see why, except your confusion between 1p and 3p. You did not comment the last explanations I gave to you).

Bruno

  John K Clark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to everything- l...@googlegroups.com.