*Yes - to the doctor?*  I was always kept aback from agreeing, because I
still believe to have included  M O R E  in my mind (brainfunctions, as you
say) then whatever that good doctor and his device may supply. So I
consider a mechanical substitution to the 'living' (what is it?)
capabilities a reduction in qualia and quanta. Unless "the doctor" is an
infinite universal machine...(still to have to meet one...)

JM