On 28 December 2013 17:23, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> You might be able to theoretically simulate it but certainly not compute
> it in real time which is what reality actually does which is my point.
>
> "In real time" ?! In comp (and many TOEs) time is emergent. To take a
parallel example that should be close to your heart, suppose you're an AI
living in the matrix and it's simulating reality for you. You aren't aware
of this but believe yourself to be say a human writer who is participating
in an online discussion. Suppose it takes a million years to simulate one
second of your experience. How would you know? You can only compare your
experience of time with in-matrix clocks, which all run at the speed you'd
expect.

It's the same for any theory which tries to compute reality.