Hi LizR,

  the relative time (as perceived by some imaginary third party) is
irrelevant. SO long as the interactions are synchronized correctly, lag is
irrelevant. Time is a measure of change of one element in a sequence to
another, the duration of the sequence is not relevant here unless we are
comparing measures of time. I am trying to figure out the method of
defining the measure.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 December 2013 17:23, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Jason,
>>
>> You might be able to theoretically simulate it but certainly not compute
>> it in real time which is what reality actually does which is my point.
>>
>> "In real time" ?! In comp (and many TOEs) time is emergent. To take a
> parallel example that should be close to your heart, suppose you're an AI
> living in the matrix and it's simulating reality for you. You aren't aware
> of this but believe yourself to be say a human writer who is participating
> in an online discussion. Suppose it takes a million years to simulate one
> second of your experience. How would you know? You can only compare your
> experience of time with in-matrix clocks, which all run at the speed you'd
> expect.
>
> It's the same for any theory which tries to compute reality.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099