On 28 Dec 2013, at 07:34, LizR wrote:

On 28 December 2013 19:31, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com > wrote:
Computed how? By what?

I know the answer to this one! To quote Brent -- "He proposes to dispense with any physical computation and have the UD exist via arithmetical realism as an abstract, immaterial computation."

Assuming comp, there is not much choice in the matter. That is the point.

Above the substitution level: interaction between universal machines, including one apparently sustained from below the substitution level by the statistical interference between infinities of universal machines getting your actual states.

I don't know how to avoid those infinities without reifying some God- of-the-gap or Matter-of-the-gap notion to singularize a computation for consciousness, but if that is needed for consciousness, then comp is false. True, you still survive with a digital brain, but no more through comp, it is true from comp + some explicit magic to make disappear the other realities. You get an irrefutable form of cosmic solipsism.